Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Patch 3.3 At Last

So Patch 3.3 is here at last, whether you are looking for new avenues to accumulate gold and exploit the unsuspecting, can’t wait to try out the three new 5-man dungeons or raiding Icecrown Citadel to finally put an end to the tyranny of the Lich King. A new patch always brings new challenges and new opportunities but one on this scale (almost a mini expansion pack) has something for everyone. I personally will not be rushing to take advantage of the new Race Change System though I am looking forward to trying out the cross-server and instant teleport dungeon system that sounds like a welcome upgrade to the current Looking For Group system. Obviously there will be a huge influx of players trying to get on, serious lag, problems logging in and of course the ubiquitous add-on problems..... /sigh

I have personally been stocking up on Saronite bars to take advantage of the removal of the cool-down on the Titanium transmute and I also hope to make a few bob from leg enchants, enchanting mats and rare and epic jewel cuts as there should be a rush to gem and enchant all those lovely new weapons and armour. On the down side, it looks like I won’t be selling many more ‘Relics of Ulduar’ thanks to the new BoA shoulder enchants; though at least I don’t have to grind out the ‘Sons of Hodir’ rep on my alts now.

I had another productive weekend, I finally got StoneKold to level 450 Jewelcrafting, (thanks to Verse for transmuting all those Skyflare Diamonds for me). I also raised MacNeilly’s Blacksmithing up to 449, I was going to take it to 450 but I needed to craft a couple of epics for StoneKold anyway, and that will take me to 450. It’ll just take a couple of days to smelt the required Titansteel (20 hour cool-down). I sent the crafted blues (Daunting Legplates) to StoneKold for DE’ing and made a bit of cash selling the resulting Dream Shards. I then took to the skies in search of more Titanium and Saronite.

~McRaffles

1 comment:

  1. Gratz on the Jewelcrafting, I know what a pain that is. Good call on the server problems, I was d/c'd after about 5 minutes and could not get back on for at least 2 hours. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete