Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Monday 11 January 2010

Gold 'n' Gems

This weekend I was mainly just mining in Icecrown on MacNeilly and sending the proceeds off to StoneKold for prospecting. I have a strange little ritual that I carry out when prospecting, I don’t know if it helps but I always do it lie this: I prospect Saronite Ore until I get 3 single uncommon gems in a row, then and only then do I prospect some Titanium. If I get 2 uncommon gems or an uncommon and a rare gem from the Saronite then I just keep going until I get 3 singles in a row. As I say, I don’t know if this does any good but I do seem to get 2 to 3 epic gems per stack of Titanium quite consistently.

I currently make most of my epic gem cash from Cardinal Rubies cuts (Bold, Runed and Delicate mostly). I have a decent stock of most of the other epics; however I am not really that sure of the best cuts. I read on an older JMTC post that says:

Yellow - Rigid, Smooth and Quick
Blue - Solid
Purple - Sovereign, Glowing, Purified
Green - Enduring, Jagged
Orange - Accurate

I honestly don’t have a clue and was planning to go trawling through some class specific guides and websites to get a better idea. I would also appreciate any feedback. I’d rather not waste my precious Jewelcrafting Tokens if I could help it. I am also making a steady income through transmuting Skyflare Diamonds and cutting them into Chaotic Skyflare Diamonds. Also transmuting my spare Saronite bars into Titanium Bars and AH’ing them still brings in a decent return. Not doing too bad though, just under 19.5K as of 05:15 this morning.

-McRaffles

2 comments:

  1. i would say your best bet is to look on ah over a couple of weeks - and note what the prices are: start of the week, midweek, end of week, weekend. - then you could probably see how the market flutuates and possibly see if any patterns occur in price. - i.e when gem x is more expensive than gem y and vice versa.

    just an idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete