Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

What's the Point

Apologies for the lack of recent posts, I have absolutely no excuse other than work has been distinctly hellish this last week or so and I have not been playing that much Warcraft either. I have however, still managed to scan the auction house and keep up with posting my epic, rare and meta gems and also the odd eternal belt buckle or two. Even though the bottom seems to have fallen out of the purple and green rare gems market, I am still selling red, yellow and blue and metas with no real issues apart from an average 5-10% drop in prices across the board.

I did quite a lot of prospecting over the weekend and replenished my stocks quite a bit. I also enjoyed a fair amount of good luck when prospecting Titanium, with an average of 3-4 epic gems per stack (the average was raised quite a lot from one particular stack yielding no less than 6 epic gems.

I have been on the lookout for cheap(ish) Cardinal Rubies without much joy and I have also invested a fair amount into the Eternal market; Eternal Fires for daily Titansteel Bar and Cardinal Ruby smelt/transmute, Eternal Air for transmuting Skyflare Diamonds and Eternal Water for crafting Eternal Belt Buckles. I have more than enough Eternal Earth and Shadow from mining. As usual all mined Saronite is split 70/30 into prospecting and bars respectively and all Titanium is prospected too.

After investing about 800g on Eternals I am now sitting at just under 41,000g. At least it’s still heading in the right direction. I’m not actually sure what I’m expecting to achieve from this, I don’t believe that I am looking to reach the ‘gold cap’; 214748g though obviously obtainable just seems like too much effort. I play Warcraft for fun; I go to work for work (or sometimes to write this blog). I think that I’m probably going to aim for around the 120,000g mark, then I can invest in a ‘Battered Hilt’, a mount with vendors on it and probably whatever is the best available Ring of the Kirin Tor at that time. This should also leave me enough to buy a couple of high end BoE epics and leave a nice little cushion to go into ‘Cataclysm’ with. And whilst I can’t ever see me giving up playing the market for good, it would be nice to be able to just dabble occasionally.

~McRaffles

2 comments:

  1. I had the same epiphiney that what happens when i make all this gold. I decided use it to gear my pallys ret set as well as possible. I also made things more efficent. Purchase mats on weekend craft on monday. Post them throught week. You dahd a big few weeks grats. Remember even 50kg is alot and if you sepnd 10-15k youll make it back quickly if u do it when u have lots of mats and 30k gold sitting.

    Go do a few dungeons i do my daily dungeon once a day its worth it. Changes up game play and get s you out of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did the daily random on Friday and had a great time - Hopefully I'll be able to go 2 or 3 times a week.

    Thanks

    ~McRaffles

    ReplyDelete