Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year


Well that’s the festivities over for another year. I hope that you received everything you wanted and you feel better after the over-indulgences. Me, I was glad to get my Merrymaker title and get the Feast of Winter Veil achievement under my belt. That just leaves the ‘Lunar Festival’, ‘Love is in the Air’ and ‘Children’s Week’ to go until I get the ‘What a long strange trip it’s been’ meta-achievement and the coveted Violet Proto-Drake.


I also, as previously intimated, decided to replace Skinning and Leatherworking with Herbalism and Alchemy on McRaffles. I am happy to report that they are now both maxed out and I have been enjoying transmuting titanium and gems and making flasks and elixirs. I decided to go Transmute spec and have had some great bonuses so far. This coupled with my extensive mining and jewelcrafting has had the remarkable effect of bumping my finances up from about 3.5K a week before Christmas to 15K this morning. ChaChing!

I know that some people say they can make that in a good week from playing the Auction House but it is the most money I have ever had in one go and I am thoroughly enjoying its gradual increase. There have been some great bonuses from the recent patch, one of which is that Frozen Orbs have plummeted in price and you can now pick them up for a song. This certainly takes the sting out of my daily Icy Prism. I have also been doing some serious mining too and sometimes it seemed I was the only miner in Icecrown. I currently have a hundred Titanium Ore ready for prospecting and over a thousand Saronite too. So with all this and my daily Titansteel and Epic Gem I am looking forward to a very prosperous New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Your doing well on making gold. I suggest looking at JMTC forums they can give you even more tips on how to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blog its a fun read hope you post more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bobreaze. Thanks for the comments.
    I love JMTC, probably my prime inspiration for trying to attain fliping great wedges of cash.
    ~McRaffles

    ReplyDelete