Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Thursday 12 November 2009

Around the Horn

So I couldn’t stand Zul’Drak anymore. StoneKold dinged level 78 about three quarters the way through the quests and thought ‘stuff this for a game of soldiers’ and made my way over to Sholazar Basin and my old friend, the ubiquitous Hemet Nesingwary. I like it there, lush vegetation, meandering rivers and loads of Shardhorn Rhinos to hack apart. Apologies, I don’t know what came over me (though I do enjoy knocking those birds from their comfy perches). I must admit that it was a bit different this time, most probably because McRaffles was a skinner/leatherworker and all that Borean Leather just laying there seemed like such a waste. Still, I was able to post a couple of stacks of Rhino Meat and lots of Cold Meat back to him to top up supplies for the daily cooking quests.

As of last night I had completed all of the Nesingwary Camp quests as well as all of Freya’s too and am now more that halfway to 79. I’ve still got to complete all of the River’s Basin quests then it’s on to the Oracles/Frenzyheart chain. I’ll probably choose the Oracles again as I’m not really a fan of the puppymen. I hope I fare better with my Mysterious Egg than I did on McRaffles, I’ve now lost track of how many eggs he’s lovingly incubated without even a sniff of the Green Prot-Drake mount, ah well, I’m sure it’ll happen soon.

This weekend I think I’ll make a concentrated push to the big 80. I have really enjoyed levelling and learning to play a Death Knight but I can’t wait to get back on McRaffles and hit some raids. I’ll need to have a break before I level my pally from 70 to 80 and the last thing I want, is for it to feel like a chore. I also have to find the time (and money) to power level Jewellcrafting on StoneKold, but that will also have to wait. I am a rogue at heart and I can’t wait to blend back into the shadows.

~McRaffles

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog, please keep it up. Too many decent blogs fall by the wayside due to lack of interest or apathy. I wish you luck and hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, much appreciated. I'll keep it up as long as it's still fun. I am enjoying writing it at the moment and have no plans to stop anytime soon. Thanks again.
    ~McRaffles

    ReplyDelete