Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Monday 9 November 2009

Of Mice and Pandas

I finally received my birthday present from my daughters on Friday and therefore had the whole weekend to test it out. My new laser gaming mouse, the Logitech G9: Installation of the mouse was a dream, straight USB plug and play, auto detect and away. This works pretty well if you're okay with the default settings. In order to get the advanced features and save custom profiles you will need to install the SetPoint software from the CD. The software installation took a couple of minutes but was definitely worth it; the interface gives you easy access to various options including customising the LED colours, macro recording facilities, enabling you to record keyboard instructions and bind them to a mouse button (I think that may come in handy) and up to five software profiles which are stored in the mouse’s own memory. I have only scratched the surface; the DPI switching between 200 and 3200 DPI is easy to use and gives great control. I know other mice now boast DPI of up to 5600 but I found that even 3200 was too high for Warcraft. It also comes with interchangeable grips, customisable weights, MicroGear scroll wheel and low-friction braided USB cable. Overall an amazing mouse, I love it, thank you for my birthday present girls xxx.


How immensely satisfying, I got my screenshot (see previous post) published on the ‘Greedy Goblin’ blog. It still amazes me that some people seem to think that they have the god-given right to dictate the virtual economy of an online multiplayer game. Gevlon’s site is full of instances of some silly git telling everyone else that they are the AH daddy and to either leave or stop crashing the prices, how surreal. Gevlon’s name and shame tactic is the minimum they deserve, if it was up to me then the rough end of a pineapple would be involved!

Still, my little foray into the realm of the goblin certainly has paid dividends, I now have nearly 6k gold across all my characters. Not bad from being virtually skint a few days ago, I think I’ll ease back a little, but not too much as I will still have to budget for getting the full Cold Weather and Epic Flying package, plus an Epic Flying Mount for my pally once StoneKold reaches Level 80. Hopefully the big 80 ding shouldn’t take too long as he’s currently ripping through Zul’Drak and is now over halfway into level 77.

Finally just a quick word about the new purchasable pets; now I’m not going to get into a long debate about how Blizzard selling pets is the thin end of the wedge, or it’s okay, it’s for charity mate. No, I’ll leave that for others, as far as I’m concerned if you want to pay then it’s no skin off my nose (I certainly will not be buying one). My issue is the bloody sound effects, I spent a fair bit of time in the AH this weekend and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to watch a Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan film again. It seriously got on my nerves. I know I can just remove my headphones (and I did) but should I really have to?

~McRaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment