Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Birthday Weekend

What a great weekend, it was my birthday on Sunday and as it was seriously awful weather; my lovely wife gave me carte blanche to play as much Warcraft as I wanted, what a great lady she is. As it was ‘Day of the Dead’ in game I quickly headed ‘home’ to Darnassus on McRaffles, spent a good 10 minutes hunting for the graveyard until I had to break the most masculine of covenants and ask for directions. 10 seconds later I was there. A quick dance with Catrina, a transform into a pretty cool Hispanic skeleton, grab the ‘Bread of the Dead’ recipe and a marigold from Chapman. Make some bread over the ghostly fire (requires only flour and milk) equip the marigold and offer the bread to a cheerful spirit. I then got the Macabre Marionette temporary pet, which is a cute little skeleton with a sombrero and maracas. Event over! Ah well, at least I got another achievement.

I then switched to StoneKold and sped through the rest of the Dragonblight quests and then on to Grizzly Hills. It really was a good move blowing 5k on the epic flying skill on Friday night, really speeds things along. I then found that my 325 enchanting skill was no longer high enough to DE quest greens and drops. Luckily I had stockpiled enough Infinite Dust and essences to make the grind up to 375 quick and relatively painless. The only glitch was the need for a Primal Might for an enchanting rod upgrade, and there was no way I was shelling out the 200g that the robbing gits on the AH wanted. A quick shout out to my guild yielded a fine young chap who would be happy to transmute one for me, gratis. (Thanks Iver)I only had to hop back on to McRaffles pick up a selection of banked Primals, mail them over and hey presto, one shiny new Primal Might.

I left StoneKold parked in an inn in Grizzly Hills last night, he is now four bars into level 76 and ¾ the way through the ‘Fo' Grizzle My Shizzle’ achievement (I love that achievement name). I think I’ll get him to 80 then power level him in Jewellcrafting. I understand that paired with enchanting for crafting and DE’ing it can be a right little money spinner, we’ll see. That brings me to MacNeilly, my level 70 pally, had maxed Mining and Blacksmithing prior to WotLK, so he shouldn’t really take that long to level if I switch him to Retribution and post him a Manual of Cold Weather Flying. I’m only interested in levelling his Mining to begin with, as that should go a long way to supporting StoneKold’s Jewellcrafting. Also I think it would be really cool to have 3 level 80’s prior to the release of Cataclysm next year, happy days.

~McRaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment