Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Monday 8 February 2010

Coining It In

I don’t know what happened this weekend, it may be the new patch, or the Valentine holiday thing, but almost every auction I posted seemed to sell amazingly quickly and for a lot more than normal too. Even after spending more than a grand on 60 Eternal Airs (I couldn’t resist at 18.9g each) I still made a fortune. I don’t know if there is such a thing as a gold making ‘zone’ but if there is, I was right in the middle of it. On Friday morning I had a little over 55k in my bank, when I logged in this morning I had more than 65,000g. Ten grand in a single weekend is a first for me, long may it continue.

I was crafting so much that I was running low on ore, bars and chalcedony, as the auction house was bare I decided to do a little ore farming. My good luck held; Icecrown was pretty much deserted and every 3rd node seemed to be Titanium. The only problem was that my Gatherer add-on had stopped working since the last patch. OMG, how could I live without it – well quite easily it turned out. Now I’m not dissing this add-on, it is very handy to have if you’re learning new mining/herbing circuits in a new region. But I know my Icecrown mining circuit like the back of my hand; I could do it in my sleep (and often do). I found that I could not only function without it but I actually preferred not having it at all. The problem with it is that it clutters up your mini-map with all those little empty circles and it seems to slow down the response of the nodes lighting up (especially on a pally with epic flyer and Crusader Aura active). Sometimes I would find myself past the node before it lit up on my mini-map. Now without the add-on my mini-map is a lot cleaner and nodes seem to light up a lot quicker too.

~McRaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment