Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Getting There!

I finally attained the ‘Lunar Festival’ achievement on Friday night, pugging Azjol-Nerub and 3/2 guild run/pug on Utgarde Pinnacle (Thanks guys, especially Fli). Thank goodness, no more visiting Elders [I love this]. So just ‘Children’s Week’ to go for the Violet Proto-Drake. To tell the truth, I’m not looking forward to most of the battleground achievements, but we’ll see how it goes.

I’ve decided that, not before time, I will have to bite the bullet and gear up McRaffles a bit, prior to the release of Cataclysm. So as I don’t really have time for raiding, I’m just going to have to do Heroics for Emblems of Triumph and the odd Emblem of Frost. Then I can make up the difference by blowing a chunk of my hard earned cash on some BoE epic upgrades.

After reading the latest patch-notes, I have sold all of my Titansteel Bars as they will probably plummet in price once the cool-down is removed. I have also tried to buy Frozen Orbs but I was too late to cash in on last weeks price of 7g each and had to be happy with picking up the few that were still going sub 15g. It looks like the price is still rising, so I may just see where it stops and relist them for a profit.

I was asked by a RL friend who also has a Jewelcrafter and an Alchemist about which epic gem cuts I usually go for, so I decided to pass on the main cuts I use, this is by no means a definitive list, and by all means I would welcome any comments as to what you think may be better, it is just what I’ve found to be the best seller (not just quickest) for each epic gem type on my server:

Red      –  Cardinal Ruby      –  Bold        –      +20 Strength

Yellow  –  King’s Amber      –  Rigid        –     +20 Hit Rating

Blue      –  Majestic Zircon    –  Solid        –     +30 Stamina

Purpl e  –  Dreadstone          –  Purified     –    +12 SP +10 Spirit

Orange  –  Ametrine             –  Luminous  –    +12 SP +10 intellect

Green   –  Eye of Zul             –    I don’t bother cutting, I just try and sell raw.

Meta    –  Skyflare Diamond  –  Chaotic    –    +21 Critical Strike Rating and 3% Increased Critical Damage

After making a few investments (fingers crossed), I currently have a little over 92,000 gold.

~McRaffles

4 comments:

  1. i have to say i pretty always have 2 of those gems cut on the auction house. apart from the metagems.

    Also about gearing your main. im kind of in the same position as i dont really raid much . but just make sure you do your weekly raid and daily dungeon and you will soon be able to get some t10 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the weekly raid, but I am going to try and get 4 or 5 daily dungeons a week if I can. I'm sure it will soon build up :)

    ~McRaffles

    ReplyDelete
  3. jagged and enduring eye of zuls sell pretty well for your greens, if you don't have those cuts. same as anything, don't overpost and flood. the rare times i get them back cancelled, with a wasted deposit, are easily covered by the 99% of the time they sell - where the cut gem is 20-40g more than the uncut.

    also, i find reckless to be a better seller than luminous for the ametrines.

    every server is different, just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete