Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Friday 5 February 2010

Gone Fishing

Thank goodness, I’ve finally discovered a decent purple epic gem cut that actually sells. I was previously cutting the Balanced Dreadstone as my purple epic of choice (not an analogy). The problem was that it wasn’t selling very well (and the AH charges for posting and reposting epic gems can seriously eat into your profit margin). Then yesterday, I was trawling through the forums over at Warcraft Econ and came across a great post by ‘Kumiko’ listing his best selling gem cuts. He is a Warcraft Millionaire and should know what he’s talking about. Anyway he listed Purified Dreadstone as his best selling purple epic gem cut by far, so I thought I’d give it a go. I cut three, post them and within a couple of hours they all sell out – Ka-ching! I honestly thought I’d have to start selling my Dreadstones raw, like I already do with Eye of Zuls, but it looks like I now have a nice little outlet for them.


I decided to get away form it all last night, after carrying out my routine crafts and posts, I took McRaffles down to our favourite little fishing spot in Dragonblight. It was great for a change, just kick back and reel in stacks and stacks of Dragonfin Angelfish. Very little competition and in no time at all I had about 200 of the little beauties. This was a welcome diversion and by no means a waste of time; when I’d had enough I cooked up 200 Dragonfin Filets, which at an average of 25g per stack of 5, comes in at a sweet little 1000g. Not a bad little fishing trip at all.

As of this morning I am sitting at just over 55,000 gold.

~McRaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment