Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Battered Hilt

As you probably already know, as part of my rogue gear-improvement regime I was on the look out for a reasonably priced ‘Battered Hilt’. I only recently (last weekend) raised my gear-score high enough to be able to participate in the Icecrown 5-man heroics (a requirement for the Battered Hilt quest chain).

So there I was sauntering through Dalaran on a lovely spring evening, feeling not a care in the realm. I had recently successfully ran both The Violet Hold as the Daily Random Heroic and The Oculus as another random Heroic just because I had the time.

So happy with my lot I was scanning the normally banal script that is known as Trade Chat and up pops a line that sparks a little interest – “WTS [Battered Hilt] /w me an offer”. Now The Battered Hilt usually retails on my servers AH at anything between 15 – 18k. I have seen them being offered in Trade for 12 -14k. Now I don’t consider myself a complete tight-wad, but those prices seemed a little high for my tastes and being a canny Scot I am always on the look out for a bargain, so I whisper back “I’d like to offer 9k”. Now obviously I expect this to be turned down flat, but you’ve got to kick off the negotiations somewhere. So I wasn’t surprised when, after a long pause he came back with “Could you go a bit higher?” Just to show I wasn’t a pushover I said, “No sorry, that was my offer”. You could have knocked me down with a feather when he replied “Ok, go on then”. I was stunned, could this be happening?, was it a joke? Well I wasn’t hanging around to let him change his mind; I quickly ported to Stormwind to meet him and the exchange went without a hitch. I am now the proud owner of a shiny new old and rusty Battered Hilt.

I must admit that for a second or two I actually thought about flipping it for a profit, but as I really need a better main-hand sword, I decided to go for it – I’ll let you know how the quest goes.



~McRaffles

1 comment:

  1. very nice :) i had a similar situation but i did flip it. Still probably should have upgraded my gear tho.

    9K is a good price for it atm i think

    anaalius xoxo

    ReplyDelete