Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Monday 8 March 2010

Rogue Gear Upgrades – Part II

As intended, I spent a fair bit of cash this weekend. I bought the materials for both the Knightbane Carapace and the Bracers of Swift Death and got them crafted. I picked up a pair of Footpads of Impending Death for 11k. I shelled out about the same again on The Runed Band of the Kirin Tor. I then dropped 50 Emblems of Triumph on the Mark of Supremacy. I also crafted and socketed about 7 Bright Cardinal Rubies (the last of my stock). Including enchantments the whole lot set me back around 25k. All in all, I thought it was quite a decent upgrade for a fair price in my opinion.

I then decided to baptise the new gear in blood, so I queued up for the daily random and lo and behold I was dropped into The Forge of Souls for the first time ever. I don’t think that my gear-score allowed be to be considered prior to my upgrades. Well we nailed it, I wasn’t even sure of the boss strategies, but I certainly know enough not to stand in the fire and that seemed to be enough as we cleared it in no time at all. 

I need to do a bit more research before deciding on what to go for next; however I am looking at the Bladeborn Leggings from crafting; Duskstalker Shoulderpads, Dexterous Brightstone Ring and the Crimson Star from Emblems of Triumph; Herkuml War Token, Cat Burglar’s Grips and Vengeful Noose from Emblems of Frost (If I can ever get that many) and the BoE’s; Wodin’s Lucky Necklace and the Drape of the Untamed Predator. After some, most or all of that, I will then go for the Battered Hilt and start that particular quest chain for my new sword.

I am down to about 75k now, but I’ll hopefully start building it back up soon.

~McRaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment