Some random ramblings of a casual Warcraft player on the Lightbringer (EU) Realm.

Friday 19 March 2010

Quel'delar - Cunning of the Shadows

I finally got it - Quel'delar - Cunning of the Shadows (I love that name) is mine, all mine. I hit a couple of stumbling blocks on the way, all my own fault obviously. First off, after all the initial running about, including my first foray into the Horde area of Dalaran, disguised of course. I found myself directed to the Pit of Saron to reforge the sword; I got the 5 bars of infused Saronite required and the hammer from the first boss and cleared the rest of the instance. It wasn’t until I was back in Dalaran that I realised that I hadn’t actually ‘Forged the Sword’. Damn, another 20 minute wait for another party – hold on a second, I thought, I’m a Rogue, and what do Rogue’s do best? Stealth of course. I wasn’t sure if it was possible but I thought I might as well give it a try – 5 minutes later – sword forged – woot!

The next part of the quest, to Temper the Blade in the Forge of Souls went without a hitch. Not so the following bit, in the Halls of Reflection, for one, I couldn’t get in – then I realised that I hadn’t finished and turned in the freeing the slaves quest in the Pit of Saron. After running it again to free the remaining couple of slaves and turning it in, I finally get access to the Halls of Reflection. I promptly enter, activated the sword to fight it and even after blowing all of my cool-downs, I die a horrible death at its hands blade. So I have to get another group together and we easily take it down (and clear HoR into the bargain).

The last couple of quests were easily soloable but still fun after a quick trip to Quel'danas Isle, a jaunt into the Sunwell I finally returned to Dalaran and picked up my new shiny sword. The quest-line was not actually as epic as I thought it would be but I don’t really mind – I’ve got the sword.



~McRaffles

2 comments:

  1. congrats it looks sicko.

    I hate your computer filter enter a generated word could you please remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulation's. I have recently completed the quest chain too [got the strenght 2hander]
    And i had a few hiccup's doing it aswell.

    xoxo anaalius

    ReplyDelete